Allen Edmonds shoes are renowned for being long-lasting, well-built, and comfortable. One thing they aren’t famous for is reasonable pricing. While people may claim that paying the huge premium for these shoes is worth it, the prices are often unjustified.
One good workaround is going for Allen Edmonds alternatives. There are lots of shoes that’ll provide the same comfort and look like the Allen Edmonds shoes. Telling them apart from their originals is quite tricky as well.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the top 10 picks that we’ve found after thorough research. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Top 10 Allen Edmonds Alternative
Finding the right shoe for yourself can be challenging, and it gets even tougher when you’re doing it online. Our review guide was designed to minimize the challenge to the bare minimum, and you’ll find the top picks below.
1. Cole Haan Men’s Original Grand Shortwing Oxford Shoe
At the very top of our list, we have the Cole Haan shoes. After thorough market research, we concluded that these were the best alternatives of Allen Edmonds that you can get for yourself.
These are 100% leather shoes, and they boast superb quality. You’ll find that these shoes are made not only for looks but also for durability. The rubber sole provides a firm grip, and you’ll be able to tread slippery surfaces effortlessly with these.
What’s impressive about these shoes is their style, which hovers between sports and formal. Due to this, you’ll be able to attend a casual gathering as well as a formal meeting.
The design also makes them quite comfortable to wear. If you’re looking for shoes that’ll provide all-day comfort, then these should be your primary choice.
- Offers a universal style, making it suitable for any occasion
- Great for all-day usage
- It Will suits you in both formal and casual gatherings
- The rubber insoles are of excellent quality
- The uppers are a bit stiff
- The insoles aren’t of the highest quality
2. JOUSEN Men’s Dress Shoes
The Jousen shoes offer a 100% leather build and around seven color options to choose from. You’ll find these in a variety of colors such as Woodbury leather, Navy leather, pure Black, and more, making them one of the most versatile products out there.
These shoes come in US standard size, making them easier to choose for most people. Many shoes deviate slightly from the standard, despite claiming to offer the standard sizes. You won’t find such troubles from these shoes, which means that they won’t hurt.
The shoe also offers a touch of gloss on the leather, making it look even better. Rubber soles are fitted on the bottom of these shoes, and while they are sturdy, they do produce some level of squeaking noise. However, this will stop happening after a few days of wearing.
- The lining on the upper and side surface makes it breathable
- The flexible and durable rubber sole will last long
- Suitable for both work and parties
- Glossy touch on the leather for a better look
- Smells very bad
- Some units reportedly squeaked
3. STACY ADAMS Men’s Dunbar-Wingtip Oxford
Stacy Adams provides leather shoes in various sizes and colors, and they offer some of the most beautiful colors, such as Cognac, Indigo, Burgundy, and the classic Black.
Like the other picks of this list, this one, too, offers a 100% leather build. Where this shoe stands out from the rest is the sole, as this has synthetic soles instead of rubber ones.
You’ll find these shoes in the classic Oxford style that most love. These shoes are perforated on the top-front surface and in the linings, providing better breathability.
Plus, these are incredibly lightweight, which only adds to the comfort of these shoes. If you’re looking for shoes that you can wear for the entire day, you should go for these.
The only drawback with these shoes is that you might need aftermarket insoles, as the provided ones are not of the greatest quality.
- Cushioned with memory foam for a pain-free experience
- Classic Oxford style makes it suitable for water-polish
- Lightweight construction for all-day comfort
- Genuine leather linings for greater durability
- The synthetic soles aren’t that flexible
- The insoles start wearing out within a month of use
4. Allonsi Genuine Leather Dress Shoes
The Allonsi shoes provide something unique, and that’s the EVA soles. These soles are made of Ethylene Vinyl Acetate, and this composition gives them some remarkable properties.
These soles will feel a bit rubbery. However, they will provide more outstanding durability and flexibility than rubber, making them a better choice.
Full-grain cow leathers were handpicked and then cut, dyed, and burnished by hand to create the surface of these shoes. The lining is made of soft sheepskin, and this provides excellent breathability.
As these come in the cap-toe Oxford design, they are better suited for formal gatherings. You’ll find wide usage of this design in the military. These are great for polishing due to their design. The entire body can be water polished for enhancing the look.
- EVA sole for better durability and comfort
- Sheepskin lining helps in wicking moisture
- Handmade from cow leather for the best quality
- It can be water polished effortlessly
- Finding the right size can be a bit tough
- The narrow design can cause discomfort for some
5. Stacy Adams Men’s Dickinson Cap-Toe Lace-up Oxford
Stacy Adams provides one of the best alternatives to Allen Edmonds shoes. You’ll find them in the classic cap-toe Oxford style, but they are a bit wider than the regular Oxfords. If you find the Oxford shoes a bit narrow for yourself, then these shoes will be perfect for you.
You’ll get these shoes in four colors: Cognac, Black, Burgundy, and Indigo, and all of these colors will last long without fading. For comfort, these come with breathable linings that are moisture-wicking.
In addition to that, there are memory foam cushions inside these shoes that make them shock absorbent. These come with synthetic soles that are of an average build.
They are very lightweight, which will aid you in wearing them all day long. These are also very durable and long-lasting, and you can expect years of service from them.
- Memory foam cushion makes these more comfortable
- Breathable and genuine leather linings that are moisture wicking
- A smooth leather upper will keep your feet cool
- One of the best looking shoes
- The soles are too thin
- Not meant to be used in cold weather
6. JOUSEN Men’s Dress Shoes
If you’re looking for an Oxford Cap shoe with a retro design, then this choice from Jousen might be the one for you. These shoes are made of 100% bonded leather and they offer rubber soles that are quite durable.
Unlike many leather shoes, these aren’t thin on the surface. Rather, these are more like the shoes that offer a lot of cushioning, thus are very thick. This added layer of cushioning does add some weight to the shoes, but due to their design, the overall mass doesn’t seem overwhelming.
The insoles are pretty durable and long-lasting too. You’ll also get some cloth covers with the package that’ll help you keep the shoes free from dust. The laces come waxed, and this helps in preserving their quality.
- A retro upper design fit for casual wear
- Thick cushioning on the inner side provides excellent comfort
- Durable rubber soles will last long
- The lining will keep your feet moisture-free
- The sole isn’t that flexible
- Not made of genuine leather
7. JOUSEN Men’s Classic Oxfords
If you’re looking for Oxfords but not in Cap Toe design, then you should consider this pair. You’ll find these shoes in both wingtip and plain toe designs, and they offer a build quality that’ll suit most people.
These units come in the US standard sizes, so you’ll have a smooth experience choosing the right fit for yourself. Users didn’t find any shoe too tight, which is another positive indicator.
Say ‘farewell’ foot fatigue using this shoe, as it comes with a flexible rubber sole. The surface of these shoes comes polished, and this ensures that the upper surface is smooth to touch and offers some gloss.
Due to the design of these shoes, you’ll be able to use them in both casual and formal gatherings. Overall, we highly recommend these.
- Available in many colors, sizes, and styles
- Made of high-quality synthetic leather that’s very durable
- Buyers won’t find any problem picking the right size
- Cushioned footbed for long-term comfort
- The synthetic leather smells very bad
- The leather from the tongue slips, which creates squeaking
8. DREAM PAIRS Bruno Marc Moda Shoes
The Dream Pairs cap toe Oxford shoes come in PU leather builds, and they are one of the most durable shoes that we’ve found on the market. These were designed in the US, and it’s safe to say that they strictly follow the US size standards.
You’ll be able to get them in beautiful black, brown, dark brown, and white colors. The PU leather makes these shoes durable and makes the upper surface quite soft.
Then again, the soles of these shoes are designed to be anti-slip, which will help you walk on slippery surfaces without any trouble. There’s also this lace-up design that’ll allow you to put the shoe on and off effortlessly.
The only problem with this shoe is that it takes a bit of getting used to. You might experience some ankle pain in the first few days of use, but that will be fixed with time.
- It comes at one of the most reasonable prices
- The anti-slip soles will help you walk with confidence
- The style is simple yet appealing
- Attractive color options
- The chemical smell is intense
- It might cause ankle pain in the first few days of usage
9. CLARKS Men’s Raharto Plain Oxford
Next up, we have the Clarks Men’s shoes. These are great alternatives to Allen Edmonds, especially when you’re looking for something cheap. You’ll get these in the plain toe Oxford style, and they are great for day-to-day use.
There are smooth linings on these shoes that make them look even better.
What makes them the best choice for rough use is their weight. These are one of the lightest shoes that you can buy right now. There’s cushion padding on the inner portion of these shoes that adds comfort.
The footbed is made out of EVA mold. This not only makes it flexible, but it also makes it long-lasting. You’ll be able to remove the footbed for cleaning.
- EVA molded foothold that can be removed for easy cleaning
- One of the lightest shoes out there
- Texture lining makes it look great
- The linings help in moisture wicking
- Cleaning with saddle soap can fade the color
- The leather isn’t substantial
10. Bruno Marc Men’s Dress Shoes Formal Oxford
Last but not least, we have the Oxford shoes from Bruno Marc Men’s collection. These shoes are available in three different brown, black, and camel colors. You’ll find these in the standard wingtip Oxford-style that’s favorable for all sorts of environments.
There are perforations on the upper top and among the lining of these shoes. These allow wind to pass, and this helps in moisture-wicking. For ease of use, these come with a lace-up design that allows the user to put the shoes on and off effortlessly.
The outsole is made of rubber, and they are anti-skid. The 1-inch heel creates a comfortable footrest. According to the manufacturers, these shoes are a bit loose. Getting half-size smaller than your standard size ensures a comfortable fit.
- Available in three colors and universal Oxford wingtip style
- The perforations on the linings and the toe make it suitable for summer
- Loose-fitting makes it comfortable to wear
- Provides excellent value for money
- Might not be suitable for winter
- Rainwater can enter through the perforations
Things to Consider Before Buying
You might want to consider certain things before choosing the right leather shoe for yourself. Here, we’ll talk about the factors you might want to consider to get the best alternatives for Allen Edmonds.
You can pick from three major styles when it comes to Oxford shoes. These are- wingtip, cap toe, and plain toe. Cap toe is best for polishing, as it offers a smooth and plain surface for polishing water.
On the other hand, the wingtip is more of a style-oriented design, and it offers moisture-wicking up to some extent. It’s not possible to create a stable layer of polish on these. Wingtip shoes often come with some perforation on the linings and the toe, and these help air pass through them.
Finally, there are plain toe shoes. These shoes offer a simple design, and they aren’t suitable for polishing.
Flat or Heel
Most shoes come with some sort of hill. However, we highly recommend getting flat shoes. It’s found that flat shoes are best suited for our feet. Getting one of these can ensure an even weight distribution across your feet; thus they cause less pain.
Getting the right fit is probably the primary thing people worry about when buying shoes online. In our guide, we tried to include shoes that match standard sizing. However, particular shoes don’t. For these, we mentioned how you could pick the right size for yourself.
The color is subjective. Shoes mostly come in black, brown, and different shades of brown, but some of the mentioned products also offer rare colors such as Indigo and White. While there’s no general rule of thumb, it’s found that wearing shoes that are darker than the rest of your apparel looks better.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Allen Edmonds’ alternatives worth buying?
Those who keep tabs on shoes already know that Allen Edmonds has been going downhill for quite some time. This is why now’s the best time to get Allen Edmonds’ alternatives. These shoes will provide the same quality, but at a much lower price.
2. Do you need to moisturize the leather?
If you find the leather extremely dry, you should moisturize it. Otherwise, it’s not necessary.
3. Is there any way to absorb the moisture after putting shoes off?
Yes. After you have had a long day on your shoes, then you should get rid of the moisture inside the shoe, or it’ll smell. You can do so easily with a shoe tree. There are different types of shoe trees that you can choose from, and you need to put one of these on each foot after putting them off.
4. How long might the alternatives last?
This depends on many things. The build quality is undoubtedly a significant factor, but the frequency of cleaning and maintenance will also impact the lifespan heavily.
5. Are the shoes alternative to Allen Edmonds comfortable?
Surprisingly, the alternatives to Allen Edmonds are just as comfortable as the original ones. While these might not be from famous brands, they are pretty trusted for providing durable and comfortable products.
Getting an Allen Edmonds alternative makes more sense now than ever, as you’ll get the same quality by paying much less. In this guide, we tried to include the very best alternatives that you can get in the market right now.
While choosing these products, we focused not only on their build quality but also on their price to performance ratio. Refer to the buying guide for any tips.